Monday, January 19, 2009

When Mom Was Young







I recently went out to my dad's and borrowed some old pictures that I wanted to save and later make reprints. I have had fun looking at the old photos that I hadn't seen in years. My mother was an avid photographer and took many, many photos of her family and surroundings with a little Brownie Box camera. The camera was near and dear to her, as it was her brother James' and he had been killed in the Korean war, second tour of duty. My mother never thought herself beautiful, she wasn't that kind of person, but as you can see she was a very spiffy dresser and her saddle shoes looked spanking clean. The little boy in one of the pixie prints is my first cousin, Robert. He was the first grandchild and my mother thought he was just it and he remained a favorite of hers always.

1 comment:

  1. I see a lot of you in those pictures....I guess I just never realized it.

    ReplyDelete