Sunday, February 8, 2009






Although today is Danny's official birthday, we decided to celebrate with family last night. He decided he wanted dinner at home with all the kids there and that's what we did. His menu choices were, lasagna, corn, Olive Garden style salad, and any kind of cake, so I made a butter sponge with strawberries and Cool Whip. I also made brownie bites and a really nice shrimp and pasta with a pesto style dressing, which turned out to be a real winner. We had a pretty good turnout for such an impromptu party, my dad, Danny's mom, David and Florence, his brother and sister-in-law, Laura and family, Krysta and Brian and of course Pete. The evening just flew by and by the time I had to fit in play time with the boys, it was time for all to head home. Grandpa Long is excited about the Grand Canyon trip and wants plans made, Grandma Helen was in her usual crazy and fun mood and the kids were very lively, only getting in trouble a couple of times, but not from me! I am going to post pictures and more about my wonderful husband later, but this is all for now. I will try to update Kitchen Dandy in the next couple of days also. Have fun in the beautiful 60+ weather today. Love to you all!!
w

No comments:

Post a Comment