Sunday, July 26, 2009

Just Close Your Eyes And I'll Take You There....

We decided to take an impromptu vacation to the Gulf a couple of weeks ago, mostly due to the fact that Laura and Jared had the opportunity to rent a condo on the gulf side for a very reasonable price. We were able to adjust our schedules and while Danny and I drove down with all the suitcases and plunder, Laura and family flew. We stayed 8 days and they went by way to quickly. Days of heat, sun, saltwater, waves, shrimp and being lazy. We celebrated Jordan's second birthday, I discovered a wonderful shopping experience called Publix, which carried so many cool food and grocery items, like 3 kinds of sweet corn, Irish butter, celery root, oh my too many cool things to mention, this was a top-of-the-line grocery experience for me. I could have looked for hours and spent many, many dollars. I think the whole trip went well, I don't think we got on each others nerves and to tell you the truth, I think Jared and I really hit it off well and talked a lot. It's not that we haven't gotten along, it's just we have never really talked too much, with me Jared has never been a big conversationalist. The kids were really good and I enjoyed the quality time with each of them, also sharing the experiences of the water and the fine art of castle building. We spent a day at the local Naval museum at Pennscacola, shopping at the Tanger Mall in Foley, high style looking at the Wharf, including a wonderful supper, a Ferris Wheel ride and Dippin Dots, hours on the sugar sands making castles or playing in the surf, hunting for sandcrabs or seashells and deep sea fishing for the guys with the promise of fresh snapper for supper the next night. I highly recommend a beach vacation with your grandkids, it is the stuff that memories are made and I hope we can repeat this over and over for many years to come. Thanks for letting me share my pictures and wonderful time with my husband and oldest daughter's family, including my grandboys. Love you all!! Do to problems with the Blogger site, I am unable to post pix at this time....... Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment